Pages

Monday 22 November 2010

Wintertime Walks

 

Oh my, I actually managed to scrap. It took me a wee while to find any inspiration and I don’t think it’s one of my best ever but I was really pleased ultimately with the creative process. I’ve used December 2009’s kit for this layout of a Lake District trip back in November 2008. There’s a long way to go and a large number of untouched kits to work through but you never know, this may be the beginning. Because I’ve recently moved my sewing machine onto the table alongside my craft table I was easily able to follow through a thought about adding detail to the ‘hills’ with some stitching. I really quite like the effect it created.

Ok, I needed to remind myself how the thread the damn thing and how to fill up a bobbin with my chosen colour but it all came flooding back quite quickly. Good thing too as I now have my precious rolls of Laura Ashley fabric back from the cottage to play with. Steve and P visited for the weekend and, with Pete at the wheel, managed to pop to the cottage for a flying visit on Saturday. We had a wonderful weekend, once again lots of eating, drinking and generally catching up. We really must do them more often.

Thanks for dropping by.

  Wendy x

No comments: