Pages

Thursday 23 September 2010

Beautiful Bouquet

Every so often something extraordinary  happens that you were just not expecting and the lift to your  your spirits can be tremendous. This happened to me yesterday. The main man from the kitchen company called to ask if he could pop round and fit the last piece of the glass up stand. As I have mentioned previously we have had a lot of to-ing and fro-ing with the glass but at no stage as it been the fault of this company. John duly arrived and after sanding and polishing the wooden worktops he duly fitted the last piece of glass.  He was tidying away and proceeded to produce a box that he pronounced was a little freebie and then came a gorgeous bouquet of flowers. These, he said, were to thank me. Thank me for what – for being so good about all of the delays and problems, he told me. I was astonished, the flowers were beautiful and I wouldn’t have expected them in a million years. I don’t consider my tolerance to be out of the ordinary, I behaved how I would expect others the behave when presented with a situation that was unavoidable, when the company involved made sure that I knew exactly where we stood and were completely open and honest with me. I don’t understand why there is a need to behave any differently. But it was so very nice to have my actions appreciated in such a way. Oh and the box, that turned out to be a brand new Tassimo coffee machine – yummy!

Thanks for dropping by.

  Wendy x

No comments: