Pages

Tuesday 1 June 2010

Catch Up – could be a long one!

Day 5 1200

Friday saw work stop on the extension for the long weekend and we were left with a good idea of how it’s going to look. At various stages I’ve thought that it just didn’t look big enough but now I think it will be spot on. Thankfully the weather held for them and so there were no hold-ups. Not so the weather on Saturday or, indeed, today.

Saturday dawned grey, miserable and wet – just right for a trip to Alton Towers. Not to be put off we just got on with it and I have to say we had a pretty good day. I think it was the quietest I’ve seen it for a while and so the queues weren’t too bad (apart from Sonic Pinball). We managed to get on most of what we wanted without getting very wet at all and so it was a good day all round.

I decided yesterday that I really needed to get this layout finished, it’s been hanging around for a couple of weeks and as I have a deadline to meet on the next one, I needed to clear the space. The layout tells the story of our recent trip to France which should have been Ibiza but the ash cloud put paid to that. It focuses on the last place we stayed – Chateau Monhoudou near Mamers and the gorgeous Blue Room that we chose. Our room key had the most enormous tassel attached to it and so I used the thread in ScrapaGoGo’s April kit to re-create one for the page. Not liking to throw anything away I used up some scraps to create the swirls you can see below.

Last but not least, I’ll leave you with one photo from Alton Towers, it’s had a bit of a Hipstamatic treatment in Photoshop and I just love the effect.

Thanks for dropping by.

  Wendy x

No comments: