Pages

Tuesday 12 June 2007

In the Swim

Today is a much better day. Bex was upset this morning when she thought that no-one was going to be able to make her swimming gala - Nanny because she was busy with appointments she couldn't move and me because I was in so much pain yesterday it seemed foolish to even attempt to be there. Today was the one day this week that no-one was available to give me a lift there and back but I decided that the effort was required. So Ant and I ordered a taxi and made our way there. I am so glad I did, she finished 3rd and 1st in her two races and was really, really pleased to see us there. On top of which my leg felt pretty comfortable throughout so I do think that yesterday was just a blip following the re plastering. Now we get to go to the area finals on the 4th July. Well Done Bex.

I have managed to practise this week's technique for my photgraphy course - Changing the Viewpoint. I don't have THE one outstanding shot but I have taken some that do meet the requirement and I'm hoping to try some more out before the submissions are due in on Thursday. For now I'll post one of the girls that I may use as a submission. I can report that yesterday's Pineapple upside down cake was a hit, it was delicious and Emily does seem to be enjoying her cookery at the moment. I remember Ant at the same age producing some wonderful profiteroles. He did manage to re-create them a couple of times but the last time he tried (as a treat for his girlfriend) he'd lost the knack I'm afraid :-)

No comments: