Pages

Tuesday 13 September 2011

Spec saver

Well we survived the weekend in one piece, the girls went ice-skating and slept in the tent overnight with no mishaps - to my knowledge at least. Although I did recall hearing the question ‘where’s the conditioner’ floating around the house as I drifted off to sleep. My enquiries the next morning resulted in giggles and an explanation of ‘we were doing a Jedward’. Hmm, and this from one girl who is studying hair and beauty, lol.

After a late start to Sunday (and a round of bagels), Grumpy, T’hubby and I nearly lost the tent in a rather ferocious gust of wind as we dismantled it, but after a bit of a battle all was well and the tent was safely packed away until next time. I was then able to turn my attention to a little bit of crafting – well after a fashion anyway and then only really a smidgen.

I’d spent last Wednesday afternoon in London. T’hubby was down there for a meeting and we were meeting up with some friends for a drink after work. I decided to spend my free time having a wander around Covent Garden. Now I’ve never been to Covent Garden before and I’m still not entirely sure what I was expecting but I was sadly disappointed for some reason. Oh, don’t get me wrong, I have a great time meandering through the streets, in and out of all the shops, watching the street performer and picking my way through the market stalls. But somehow it was still lacking in something or other. Knowing me I was probably in the wrong place entirely. Anyway, whilst there I happened upon a Bead shop. I’ve been looking for something to hang my reading glasses around my neck as I seem to be in need of them more and more these days – not a happy bunny at all about this point – and so I had found something I quite liked the look of on t’internet at £12 a time. Not bad I thought but given that I didn’t really know whether it would work for me or not I thought it could get expensive. And so when I happened upon the bead shop I thought ‘Why not’

About an hour later (I dithered a lot) I left with a little package that cost me all of £3.50, and then I think I was actually overcharged but as I had been in there sooooooooooo very long I thought it only fair lol. And so on Sunday I retrieved my little package and had a play.

Ta daa – Presenting my own version for your perusal.

Spec Savers

How’s that saying go, oh yes – ‘Don’t give up the day job’ Lol. Jury is still out about whether I will use it or not as I do get slightly annoyed by the beads hanging down the side of my face when I am wearing my glasses (in addition to the snigger from T’hubby) but when they are folded, not in use, it is brilliant.

Thanks for dropping by and please feel free to leave me a comment, I love to hear from you.

Wendy xx

6 comments:

Sian said...

I think you could go into business! It looks fantastic and of course another lovely photo also adds to my viweing pleasure :)

scrappyjacky said...

I think it looks fantastic as well.

Jimjams said...

Looks good Wendy ... but I had to laugh about them being brilliant when not in use!!!
Perhaps a solution would be to fix the beads so that they are half-way down the cord rather than right next to the glasses - they'd be at neck level when the glasses are on and still visible when hanging down!

Alison said...

I think you've done a brilliant job, but maybe Jimjams' suggestion would make them more 'wearable' for you!
alison xx

Gem's Crafts said...

I think it looks really pretty and far better than anything you could get in the shops :)

Miriam said...

Its so good to see you back here! I love the bead thing! but i just love beads.. I tried to wear my reading glasses on a rope but they ended up covered in food!!!!!!! now I just loose them all the time.