Pages

Friday 16 September 2011

Happy Pinning

I think I need to give myself a strict time allowance for Pinterest, otherwise one of these days I may never return.

I thought Blogland and the internet were bad enough on their own but Pinterest beats them all. I suppose it does depend how you use it. If you browse then ‘repin and run’ you will probably be ok. It’s when you browse, open interesting stuff into new tabs, look at said new tabs, follow the link to the source, nosy around that source and open other interesting looking links into other new tabs – are you getting my drift? I sometimes emerge from one of these ‘I’ll just have a quick 5 minutes’ sessions to find I have lost yet another hour plus of my life.

But I do have some delish piccies and new ideas to show for it. Here’s just a small selection of my latest, click on the picture to take you to Pinterest where you can follow the link to the source. Just remember – you have been warned.

Aren’t these just the cutest, I think I could make some and colour co-ordinate to suit the room.

I want to give this a go, I’ve lots of blank canvas’ somewhere that would work just fine.

Cannot wait to give these a go – need to keep my eyes open for proper pots

Sometimes it’s the simplest of ideas that are the most beautiful

I so want to try this out at The Hovel, I’m sure I have that bottom set somewhere.

Well there you are, that’s just a few of the ones that have caught my eye recently. Now I  have a question for you Pinners out there. Do you ever ‘pin’ to something you’ve posted about on your own blog or is it always to other folks or sites? I’d be really interested to know.

Thanks for dropping by and I do hope you’ve seen something you like. Please feel free to leave me a comment, I love to hear from you.

The small print - I take no responsibility whatsoever for any lost lifetime hours you may incur during the reading of this post.

Wendy xx

3 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

I resisted Pinterest for ages...but finally gave in...and now am hopelessly addicted...but do really try to limit my time on it...I occasionally follow a link.....and then it does become a problem...a bit like following blog links 'wastes' hours!!!
I love these ones you've found...all new to me....and I do have specific boards where I pin some of my own stuff.

Sian said...

I have only pinned one thing from my own blog and that was a tutorial. I'm much more interested in seeing what everyone has has pinned and looking for new things. I noticed that card too - it's a real stand out isn't it?

Miriam said...

I wanted to get into pinning but just can't /won't at the moment. I love what you have here though. I really love those teacup lights! and the card, and the terracotta pots. I made those with a craft group last year, they were a great success B&Q have the little Long Tom pots.