Pages

Tuesday 22 March 2011

Blogging for Scrapbookers

I decided to join up, rather last minute, to Shimelle’s latest class Blogging for Scrapbookers.  I’d toyed with the idea last time the course had run but somehow never quite got around to it and so this time when I spotted it on day 1 I just hit the button. Joining so late does, however, make me feel like I am already running to keep up and that leads quite neatly into my aims for the next three weeks.

  1. Keep up – ‘twill be a miracle if I make this one but I have to at least try. I have no excuses either, I should have all the time in the world to do it (I’m sure the reasons for this will become clear as I go on this journey)
  2. Decide why I blog – my reasons for blogging shift and turn as does how I feel about blogging. I’m hoping that working through this course will enable me to understand the ‘why’ and ‘what’ resulting in a balanced, better blog.
  3. Find Inspiration – I’ve not scrapped or generally been creative for months. I have a large pile of unused kits on top of all my other stash. I have reams of fabric I bought at a big Laura Ashley sale. I have a zillion and one ideas whizzing around my head. I have all the time in the world to do something with it all - but I don’t!

Window 2

I’m sure that there are probably more aims that I have but I think these three are quite big all by themselves. As for a photo, well as I’m not scrapping I don’t have a recent layout to share but I can share this shot I took at the weekend that I’d quite like to scrap. It’s not been tarted up yet (apart from the frame done in Picnik) as I still need to reload Photoshop after my disastrous temper tantrum the other week (hmm, there’s another tale to tell sometime) but I quite like it anyway.

Thanks for dropping by and please feel free to leave me a comment.

Wendy xx

5 comments:

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Welcome to the class! I'm hoping for some scrapping inspiration too. The past couple months have been blank for me

Amy said...

I found this class an easier one to keep up with - well the content that is! Not so sure about keeping up with all the blogs though - it is a mammoth task to say the least!

Goesturbo said...

HI Wendy! What a gorgeous blog you have. I couldn't agree with you more on hoping to be able to stick with the class the whole time and I too haven't scrapped if forever. But, I'm rooting for us both!

Jen said...

Oh I love your photo!! Sure you'll do fine! J (classmate in BFS)

Miriam said...

visiting from BfS I love this photo!